Darryl walked up with his time slip in hand, and a disgusted look on his face, "11.23 at only 108, I lifted before the finish line!"
"What did you do that for?"
"Brain fade, I guess. Just frustrated with how long we were sitting around, and how hot it was getting already, and wasn't paying attention!"
"You're going back up?"
"Nope, I'm done, going to the tower to get my route map."

I walked up to watch Darren run about 40 minutes later, and noticed that Tony was bringing his Javelin up in the same lane behind the Charger, as Dale walked up next to me.
"There's Tony back again, and he ran a few cars behind Darryl the last time, so Darryl could have been up for another hit!"
"Darryl is already done?" Dale questioned.
"Yeah, he's already loaded up to leave!"
Darren ran a nice smooth 11.76-118, and Dale and I agreed that would be good enough! Then Tony put down one of his signature burnouts and Dale looked at me, "What did Tony have problems with last year?"
"Valvetrain", I stated.
"Sounds like nine grand in the box!"
"He works that 401 over pretty good!" I laughed as the aqua 69 Javelin laid down a 10.74-125, which was an improvement of five hundredths over his earlier 10.79.
"Darryl left some on the table today", I shook my head, "he should have came back up for another run like Tony did."

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines