Dale made another hit, but the 11.01-121 was not an improvement. He came over to check on me, as I was fiddling with the Satellite's N20 system.
"Well, this is not what I expected!" I confided, "Bring two cars all the way from Phoenix, and my Drag Week is pretty much over before the first track session ends!"
"What do you mean?", he looked at me, "This car is fine!"
"Except I can't shift it on the bottle!" I shook my head, "If I turn in this 13.80, I'll have no chance at a quick 32 spot".
"Want me to take a shot at it?" He volunteered.
"Can't hurt!" Even as it slipped out of my lips I knew how absurd it was, yeah it could hurt bad, he can break an anvil with a rubber hammer!

He grabbed the bottle at the hit, and blew the M/T Drag Radials off, let off, stabbed it again, same result, the back end of the Satellite had wagged left the first time, then right, so he let off the N20 until the tires caught up again, then laid into it. From the fence it really seemed to be moving in the back half 12.62-118.2. The mph stunned me! "That thing will go 11's!" I laughed to myself.
I knew he would not give me a chance to stop him, and sure enough he drove right back up to the line. The time slips read 1:48pm on the first, 1:51pm on the second. I also knew the fuel system wouldn't support that kind of power with everything hot. Sure enough, it laid over at about the eighth mile, and he nursed it through to a 12.27-105.9.
He handed me the two slips, "Un-real! That thing scoots...uh, it's the 3.55's isn't it! It's an animal!
Now it was my turn to gloat, "I told you it didn't have enough engine for those 2.76's, didn't I!"

Darren was still playing with the Charger when they cut the lanes, so I coaxed him into going up to the tower with me to turn in our slips. When we got back, Dale had a cordless drill and James had a wrench, and they appeared to be removing all the screws from the lexan side windows.
"I thought you told me those wouldn't come out, and that you were going to remove the aluminum plates from the cowl ducts?"
"Well", Dale shrugged, "Don (ksj, Moparts) thinks we are gonna die in this tin can, so he came over and looked at it 5 different times and decided if we get the screws out, the aluminum they put in the channels might be flimsy enough that we can wrestle them out! So I told him we'd give it a try".
"Got the valve body out" Boone hollered from under the Belvedere. Sure enough, after careful examination he found a sticky valve. We took it out, cleaned it with some emory, and got it working again, so the re-assembly started.

7891503-100_0903.jpg (239 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines