We took an almost 360 degree tour of the IRP grounds, before I found the main entrance, then unloaded our respective vehicles. The first session of class cars was already over, and they were running the Daily Driver class, so I reset the Drag Radials to 20lbs. and headed into the lanes with the Satellite. After Monday's debacle behind the wheel, I decided to leave the Satellite in Drive for my first run. I hit the bottle at about 30ft out, it shifted to second at around 5000 and we were moving, but valve float came before it shifted to drive. For those of you who have never experienced that while on the nitrous, um, it can be a bit disconcerting, it pops and snorts like a turbo car on the limiter! I let off the horn button and the gas at the same time, and it finally shifted to drive, then I just half throttled for a ways, and crossed with a 12.96-99. The 440 sounded rough in the shutdown area, so once I made the curve, I took a quick look under the hood to make sure it wasn't pushing out water or oil anywhere. Once back in the pits, I changed the plugs, but none of the old ones looked nicked up. I finally discovered it had blown the vacuum plug off the manifold, with that replaced, she returned to the normal 800rpm dead stick idle I had become accustomed to.

7894963-100_0909.jpg (200 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines