We were still in the pit area when eliminations started for Daily Driver, and nearly every contest that I had a rooting interest in went as I hoped. Scott, Clark, Ross, Mr. Pbody's buddy Dale, the GLHS, and Lane in the Baja Truck all advanced to round two. The most visually pleasing battle of round one was Rick Callahan's perfect maroon 68 Road Runner beside Jon Lechner's equally stunning black 70 Chevelle SS. The Road Runner moved on when the Chevelle went well under his dial!

Dad and Dale returned from the tire shop and grabbed James to help them get the big trailer ready to roll. When Darryl got back, Darren jumped in to help him change out the alternator on the truck. Boone and I watched 2nd round of Daily driver, and watched Ross live up to his "Red Light" moniker in the Yellow Road Runner. When the smoke cleared we had Clark, Scott, Lane, and the GLHS still in.

Rachael and I jumped in my truck and we headed down to our trailer to finish up final packing of our rig in order to be ready to go, we left Darren, Boone and Darryl in the general area of our pit in case Ken returned. We watched round three as we shuffled our junk around between the 1 ton and the cars to get organized. Three of the four semi-finalists, I was thrilled with, in Scott, Clark, and Lane. I certainly would have rather seen Ross or Rick's B-bodies as the fourth, but the guy in the non-descript faded blue 92 Chevy short bed was driving his tail off!

The Barnyard Viper's proof of a successful DW13.

7943960-Scan10003.JPG (142 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines