Right before 2pm, as they began to call for DD time slips to be turned in, this sequence of cars went down the track:
Tom Bailey laid down a 6.78-217.4 to clinch the win and run a six at every track.
Next up in the same lane was Boone in the Barnyard Viper and he went 11.536-113.6 to finish up his Drag Week and claim 3rd place in the Gasser class.
Then Bobby in the Chevelle went 11.925.
Kerby in the 33 Hotrod went 11.64.
Adam went 11.73 in the red S-10!
So when Dale pulled up next, I was hoping he would keep the streak alive, and give us a good number. He left on the motor, stayed on the motor until after the 330' and then it came alive and went 12.71-115.
"What the heck was that?" I asked him when he returned to the lanes.
"I forgot to turn on the master switch for the nitrous..."
"You have got to be kidding me! They are calling for time slips right now!"
"I know, take this 12.71 and get in line, I'll get another hit and bring it to you if it's better!

I was standing on the steps of the tower waiting for him to stage when Ron Ward announced over the loud speaker, "Dale Gebhart, Dale Gebhart, you have a package waiting at the front gate!" Cool, now we would have keys to his rig!

Dale pulled up for what would be our last ditch effort to get into the quick 32, and had a good run going until he floated the valves going into drive, backfired on the nitrous very hard, and the nose dropped. The Satellite trailed smoke to the finish line and carded a 13.75-77.
My phone rang and it was Dale, "I guess I'm done, I caught the breather on fire again!"
"Ok...I'll turn this one in, your keys are at the front gate."

The 12.71 raised the final average to 12.28, and put the Satellite 41st in Daily Driver. I came out of the Tower with my final slips in time to see Dale pull the Satellite into the water again! Lucky for him, it was another useless pass, or I would have beat him for letting me turn that one in, it was too late for the bracket race but we still could have counted passes until 4pm. He ran 11.481-118.43 to finish our track time for Drag Week 2013.

7943598-Scan10002.JPG (86 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines