Gene,
Well, I do stand corrected. So, lets compare the aluminum unit to yours. We still weigh 9 less pounds with shifter and linkage. Seriously though, 9 pounds really never concerned me when building a car. Apparently to some it matters and that is fine.
DAYCLONA, I do love the "Whaaaambulance" comment. That had me laughing out loud. I never heard that before.

As for comparing quotes. Yes, when you are talking about ceratin vehicles switching and automatic car over, I am sure that we can be more money. However, be fair in bringing to light that we are dealing with CORRECT factory components wheras you guys are dealing strictly aftermarket. So, the thought process goes hand in hand with the theme of the car. If you don't mind having the aftermarket stuff, the cost can be lower. Its kind of like for example a valve cover breather. You can buy the "Moroso" slip on one for 20.00 and it will work. You might have to modify the valve covver a bit to get it on there, but it can be done. However, if you want the car CORRECT, get ready to pay the $100.00 for the CORRECT original breather. Unfortunately original stuff commands a higher cost. NOW, I am not saying that the Moroso breather is necessarily junk. I am just saying that it isn't truly CORRECT for the application and the reality of possible mdification can justify a cheaper cost in certain instances.
I can recall a situation well where a gentleman called me regarding a set of pedals that he bought from you guys and they were made to ONLY accept the hydraulic throwout bearing kit that you offered at the time. It didn't have the small "rivets" on the pedals for such things as the pedal rod and overcenter spring. So, once again, if the customer bought them, they are LOCKED IN to buying the hydraulic kit from you. Maybe this has changed now, but it wasn't like that before.

Compare a stick to stick quote and I think that the tables would be turned. Regardless, if people want a 5 speed, they will be willing to pay whatever it costs. I have seen that first hand. Bottom line, if you don't mind modifying your cars, the Tremec is a viable option. If you do mind modifying it, our unit is the way to go.
I'm not going to sit here and throw rocks back and forth. We are too busy.
Thanks,
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com