Quote:

Gus......everybody wants to be, or thinks they're Ronnie Sox,.......one problem racing the Tremec on the track or street, is losing your concentration, and going back to old school grab and slam shifting, just can't do that with a Tremec,.....3rd gear, if forced, just locks you out,....akin to missing a shift on a 4spd, regardless of the shifter,......comes down to driver skill, and hand dexterity, as well as RPM, traction, etc.......I'm sure ol' Ronnie missed a few too!

....that sums up the most frequent call I receive. " I can't slam 2nd to 3rd". After I get done explaining to them that the gates are so close together on a TKO that if you go and "hunt" for 3rd, you'll miss it every time. The key to shifting 2nd to 3rd on a TKO, be it a stock in the box, unmodified unit, or a Keisler modified one, is simply pushing the shifter handle straight forward out of 2nd and it will find 3rd all on it's own. I never get a follow up call from people who tried my method and still can't hit 2nd to 3rd.

Let's face it, the gates on an external linkage 4 speed (muncie, A833 or toploader) are further apart and "require" you to go up, over and up again to hit 3rd. Try that method on a TKO and you'll be cussing alot.

Heck, my daily driver mustang (2000 GT) with it's T45, can't shift like the old school 4 speed pattern. I have to shift it the same way a TKO shifts, or I miss 3rd in it as well.
Once you get accustomed to shifting it, the TKO is extremely fast and reliable.

Richard
Tech Support