Quote:

whats your mileage without using the overdrive?

You claim 22mpg??? i find that very hard to believe. not at 70. not at 55mph. maybe at 30 mph. even with your aerodynamic nose.

At .64 od, that 4.10 looks like a 2.62 gear. there was never a 440 6 pack Ive ever seen that got close to that mileage with a 2.76. Maybe 15 mpg at best with a light foot and tiny tiny cam. so you'd have to drive it like a baby even with your mileage master cam

factory cars with 3.23 got 13mpg at best.

Stick some meat under those lobes and your down around 10 mpg.

as for running 140, you run your car on a roundy round track. So besides you, there are probably 3 other guys on here that do that for speed. the rest of them want the overdrive for mileage or for cruising on the freeway.

What I am saying is that the milage difference from turning 3600 rpm to 2300 on the freeway is probably, at the most, 5 mpg. most of these cars get 2500 miles a year MAX due to insurance. and even then, most of that mileage is playing the streets. I wouldnt see any benefit in an od. Im not a power tour guy.

Dan I have avg 22 MPG recently on a trip from Mass to Georgia (3400 miles roundtrip).....crusing at 70-75 mph,(2000-2200 RPM)....21 hrs straight thru, only stopping for gas, didn't even shut the car off, until I got to my hotel......next day did a few laps around Road Atlanta speedway........total gas cost, round trip was around $450 bucks,.....and gas avg anywhere from $2.50 to $3.50 depending on the state,........I was watching my MPG use, at every fill up, recording my MPG.....22MPG was my avg

If I want to play, I can suck it down to 10 MPG if I have the end carbs open all day!

And as far as your comment that I run "roundy round" tracks, and most guys only want the OD for cruising and highway............I enjoy triple digit speeds on the highway, just as much on a track

for Camming, I run a Crane 470/471 @ 285 duration with anti pump up lifters, and Crane 1.6 rockers....so there's some "beef" there!

Dan,........like I said earlier, if your happy with "old school" thats cool, that's your "bag".....I use to be the same way, I recall when Keisler came out with the Mopar/Tremec swap in the late 90's, and expounded all the virtues of it,....I can recall saying no way I'd do that to any of my cars,........well ... after having done it, A Keisler is now the first thing on the list...I still have my "old school" Challenger T/A 340/6, 4spd 3:91...255/60/15's.......on the street it's a blast to drive, on the highway 60 mph is 3800-4000 RPM!......I hate to take it anywhere because driving long distance just drains you!........A Keisler TKO .64OD is slated for that one when I repaint the car

All I can say is the TKO 5spd lets me enjoy steep gears on the streets, and lets me enjoy knowing I can take the car 1000, 3000 or 4000 miles with out having to change a rear gear set out, or trailering the car......I don't build show poodles or show queens, although I do like my cars to look good!....I build cars to race on the street and track, cruise and enjoy as well......when you have to trailer, or leave a car home because its undrivable,.....thats no fun.........and as far as trying to justify the cost of a Keisler....Why?.....it's just like any other mod,...why put a Hemi in a car, when a /6 gets you from A to B just as well?......You put a Keisler, or anybody elses OD, be it Passon, GV, TKO, etc, etc.......for one thing, a performance aspect, be it the benefits of OD, mileage, reduced wear, or pure driving enjoyment......basically having your cake and eating it too

Another example of the Keisler versitality is several of the G-series (71 wingcars) that I built with the Beinkes (Gary and Pam)......the white 71 Tona' runs a 472 HEMI with one of my custom cast aluminum HEMI sixpack manifolds,....Keisler .64 OD TKO 5spd w/ dana 4:10's.......the car, on it first trip to Carlisle made 18 MPG AVG!(75-80 MPH avg cruising speed))........The orange 71 HEMI Superbird sports one of my HEMI 6 pak inductions as well, runs a .64 Keisler OD,...dana 3:54....dynoed out at 520 HP......avg 16 MPG on the 06 Power Tour( avg cruising speed 90-100 MPH).....and is fully capable of pegging the 150 speedo................Dan I'm not trying to "sell" you on anything here, just expounding the benefits that can be reaped, if you desire?