First,
Let me say that I appreciate EVERYONE'S input. We are a firm believer that people should make an "EDUCATED" decision. Even if it is not our product. Money comes too hard these days. As for the statement that our transmission and the Keisler tremec kit costs about the same, I think I may have to disagree with you there. I have not spoken to ANYONE to date that has put a Tremec from Keisler in their car for less than $3800.00. Lets not talk about the "base kit." This does not matter what the base kit costs. What matters is the end cost. PERIOD. "How much are you going to have in the car when you put it in first gear and it moves."

We made the final drive .80:1 for a reason. STRENGTH. In order to get a deeper overdrive, the mainshaft gear would have needed to be smaller. This would have significantly weakened the unit. The way I looked at it was... Why put out another transmission that has a deeper overdrive, but can't handle the power? We were concerned with maintaining SUPERIOR strength in this unit. I feel that we have achieved that. As for too wide of a gear spread, one of our test cars is my '72 Barracuda. It is a BONE stock small block car. 340, stock manifolds, 2 1/4 inch exhaust, theroquad. It has F70-14 polyglas tires on it. The car is by no means a powerhouse. It will smoke the tires, all the way trhough first, second and into third with this unit in it. NOW, if the gear spread was too wide, I am fairly confident that it would show up in this car due to its lack of power. But, whatever the case. As for final drive. Keep one thing in mind. More overdrive is not always better for gas mileage. If you are lumbering along on the highway at 2000 rpm on the transition circuit of your carburetor, you are surely going to get worse mileage. So, choose carefully. If you have a 4.10 rear in your car. It drops it down to a 3.28 with our unit. If anyone needs any info, let me know.
Thanks,
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com