Tom:
I cannot speak as to what you encountered back when you attemtped to use a Keisler 5 speed kit, I wasn't here. Obviously you had some issues and it didn't turn out well. On behalf of us, I apologise.

Things here are alot different these days as compared to what they were back when you tried the install.

Since I started working here back in Jan. 2005, I am customer service/tech support and I have worked really hard to make us 100% customer service oriented. I bend over backwards everyday to help our customers and even those of you not our customers but still looking for tech help. I have given out my personal phone number for customers to call me at nights and on weekends when they need help the most. It is a never ending process here as we grow and learn from mistakes in the past.

The bottom line is an overdrive will transform the car. Jamie Passon is a great option for those of you whose gearing is more suited to the ratios in his transmissions. He definitely makes a great product and it is based on the A833 so the install should be a slam dunk. He is definitely a knowledgeable, positive force in the Mopar world.

The TKO kit will offer a little more overdrive and a little different gearing set. For some, the gearing is not a perfect fit for their needs, for others, it is a perfect way to go. Yes, the TKO swap will require some modification. We all know the TKO box is bigger in size than a A833. There's just no way around it. In most cases, the E-body cars(4 speed) don't have to cut anything and the TKO will fit in there perfectly. The A body cars will definitely have to modify the floor tunnel. The 4 speed B body guys ('66-'70) will only have to relocate the shifter opening in the floor for the TKO tower to come up thru it. Our shifter adapter piece will still allow the shifter handle to come up thru the orginal console where it was designed to be. All other Mopars, will require some modification in order to get a TKO up in the tunnel.

Let's face it, Mopars were not designed to have a TKO but Keisler has made it possible. The main thing to remember is a 5 speed overdrive will transform the car and allow you to cruise in it like it was meant to be.

Richard
Tech Support