Quote:

I'd really like to thank both Jamie and SHaffi for providing input into this thread. That says a lot about both of them and their products they sell. I really do appreciate hearing their opinions as well. Its nice to know they care about the products they sell.
THANK YOU!

Sorry I am late to the game here, and with the exception of Tom Quadrini's sh!tty-as-usual 7 year old comments, I think this is a good discussion.

Only a couple of things to add here:

1. Customer Service - this is our main focus now, and we have VERY FEW complaints. Product is shipped quick now (4-7 days), backorders and other issues very small. We are doing much more volume - including automatics now also.

2. Pricing - a TKO PerfectFit kit runs $3300 (deduct $400 for a standard fit, which will also get the overdrive in the car, but with much more work). The bell modification is No Charge. The sealed release bearing with carrier is $79, clutch disk $69. So the price to do a swap, including brand new high strength computer balanced and painted driveshaft, new crossmember, new speedo cable, new roller pilot bearing, new isolator, new hardware, new pro shifter mechanism, new clutch disk, new releaser bearing is $3448. (And it was $200 less before Tremec's material & energy cost increase October 1.) I don't know how this compares to Passon, because I don't price his stuff, nor expect him to do the same.

So for $3448, there is a lot of value with the Keisler kit. Perhaps lesser value to those that already have a new releaser, new driveshaft, new clutch disk, etc., but still a lot of value.

3. Ratios - the TKO ratios have the smallest step change of the two choices, and this means RPM drop will be the smallest between gear changes.

4. Torque - the TKO 600 is conservatively rated at 600 FT-LB torque. You can easily run 750 FT-LB with no problem whatsoever. During a torque durability test on the dyno at Tremec, the holding fixture broke at 1400 FT-LB, and the transmission had no failure. So how much torque do you need?... John Holmes vs. Dirk Diggler - either way it's overkill.

5. Technology - Keisler kits offer current OEM technology and unparalleled manufacturing capability and metallurgy, along with long-term availability of OE service parts nation-wide. Add to that, perfected accessory products like our bellhousings, hydraulics, dual friction ceramic-metallic/carbon-organic clutch, shifters handles, pedals, and it's an affordable 1-stop shop to make complete swap with unbeatable value. Check out this video interview from SEMA last week here KEISLER at SEMA

We have sold many, many thousands of tranmissions since 2000, and our business remains the #1 Selling Tremec swap kit on the market for good reason. Plus, unlike other johnny-come-lately-wannabe sales guys peddling tremecs, I am a Mopar enthusiast, hands-on restorer and I care about Mopar and many of you know that. I started my business in 1991 restoring dashes for our Mopar muscle cars, then got into manufacturing Chrysler-licensed parts with One More Run, then my own lenses, then into the transmissions. Passon is also a Mopar guy and while we compete, I respect what he does and think he does a good job with the A833.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what fits your budget, your skills, your driving style, etc.