Quote:

I disagee with the comparison of apples to apples being our aluminum unit to the Tremec. Have you checked the weight? Our CAST IRON trans weighs 120 lbs. The Tremec in ALUMINUM weighs like 118 lbs if I am not mistaken. Our ALUMINUM unit weighs 85 lbs. SO, if you want to compare aluminum to aluminum, we are WAY lighter than the Tremec.

Well I see we have a busy thread coming back from Sema had a great show and a good time.

Actually for your information the TKO with shifter only weighs 99 lbs.

I also want to note that I have done some comparison and quotes. I actually had a couple of customers that received quotes from you to do a auto to manual conversion and you were more money.

The biggest difference is the gear ratios and spacing of the gears.

Scott,

As far as the comment about strength I don't think there is a real difference.

Shifting the TKO is not sluggish. I am going to consider the source of that comment. There is a bit of a learning curve some of us haven't mastered when it comes to shifting a trans.

It's funny to me when you drove a couple of Matt Delany's cars with our product on Power tour and were selling our product a couple of years ago you were nothing but complimentary.

The TKO shifters have at the base at the most 1/4 to 1/2 throw which equates to about 3 to 4.5 inches depending on what handle you have. The shifters are positive and smooth. The trans does have a rpm shift limit typically around 6k rpm.

Keisler Engineering www.keislerauto.com
#1 Choice of Overdrive Transmissions with Over 14,000 Sold