Quote:

I'm curious to know why the Indy intake is allowed in NSS?? It looks nothing like a stock crossram, and really the only thing in common is there are two carbs on top. Do the other brands (Chevy, Ford, Pontiac) have aftermarket intakes as well?? Just wondering...

I'll go out on a limb and assume the Indy crossram intake is allowed since it is legal for NHRA Super/Stock classes,where the rules allow any manifold as long as it is in an acceptable configuration as the factory OEM,hence you have all those different cast and sheet metal intakes and the only requirement is a slight carb offset.As far as NSS the only requirement that I know is must have two four barrel carbs resembling the OEM carbs(no domonaters)When have you ever heard of a 65 maxwedge car or a factory daul four 440 in 66/67 weather inline or crossram? NSS is polluted with these off breeds.There are even 63 Hemi cars in NSS Then there's the 10.5 tire rule I for one think the class would be one of the biggest if they would let anything that appeared to resemble the era SS class partisipate.After all it's either based on index or bracket rules giving everyone a chance.