There's one thing I haven't seen in this post. It appears to be difficult to win with a 9.50 or quicker N/SS car. Not impossible, difficult. These cars were never designed to go this quick. There heavy, unaerodynamic, long wheelbase, and nose heavy. My new car will not be the quickest. My goal is to competitive in the low 9 second zone. Old style wheels, pushbutton trans, stock style interior, factory style scoop. The bad part, Indy manifold, motor plate, tubs, and ladder bars. All of these cars are comprised with some modern parts. Not many are running points ignition, tapered axles, ball and trunion trans, not to mention 7" slicks. This is a fun and competitive class. Great group of racers. Not to many venues where you can run w/o a trans brake with smaller tires on a limited budget. Check out the reaction times and E.T.s. It's easy to see how close you have to be to go the top of the heap. I hope to be testing by the end of the summer. Then I'm looking to put you guys on the trailer, and have a beer with you afterwards. And as always ,if your broke before we run, come see me and I'll help you get it fixed.
Doug