Doug,

I'd love to see pictures of the project. It sounds cool. As far as being hard to win in N/SS with a fast car...It seems to be true. When you consider the max allowable tire for the class is 10.5" and some of the cars are running well into the 9's or faster, it leaves a lot of room for error. Tire spin is a major negative factor in a bracket race. It's not just off the line, but once going down the track, the tires will still lose grip even if they are not up in smoke. Any variation from time trials will, likely land you on the trailer.

I ran a bunch of races with the 422 guys last year. Their cars all run 9's or better, as do some other cars in the group. I'm pretty sure they did not win one of the 8 races we ran last year. The cars that won were all running in the 10's or slower. Cliff Sebring ran away with the class winning at least two events in his 12.0 wagon. One race was won by a mid-10 second '66 Chevelle, '68 Mustang, '65 Plymouth, '69 AMX etc. All these cars are slow compared to a bunch on this post. The thing about it is we all have to load up buy gas and get to the track. If you are truly interested in winning, take some HP out of it to make it more consistent. If you are out to have fun and run a good number...have at it. It's not to say the fast cars can't win, but they are definately at a disadvantage...unless us slobies red-light.