Quote:

OK! I surrender!!!

You guys are faster than me!!! You work harder at it than I want to, and you spend more!!! I admit it!!

I admire your effort, I really, really, do. But, in the end, if I'm dialed 10.70, and you are dialed 8.80, you've still got to chase me down. Your four link, CNC aluminum headed 550 incher has no advantage over my old, leaf sprung, iron headed 426 inch Hemi with NASCAR rods and other old style parts.

It is a fantastic post, as it gets everyone talking about these cars. I never get tired of talking about them, or watching them. You guys with the real fast ones are admirable. But, I also think the other guys, with the more "traditional" types are just as admirable.

The beauty of this class is that it gives everyone who is into those cars a place to race. I luv 'em all.....from 12 second maxies, Fairlanes and 409's to the 8 second, $30K 572 inch Hemis. In my case, it gives this old guy a place to race against others of his ilk.....I don't have to spend all of my retirement (what's left of it, anyway), and I can use all of the antique parts I have had sitting around for years (which I do!) and get out there and show the folks how we used to do it. What is cool that among us old, balding, half blind soft-in-the-middle geezers there are youngsters getting into it and and enjoying these old cars. Even more cool is the fact that there are a lot of spectators who enjoy watching us do it!!

Let's not take this, or ourselves, too seriously. Let's race and have fun.

I just discovered I sold you some of those parts in the early 80's.