This is probably the last update until the spring. The car is tucked away in the garage for the winter.

Last week I put some 1/4" aluminum blocks in between the trunk floor and the rear muffler hangers. The tips were very close to the rear valance. Under certain conditions, the PS tip accually hit the valance. The 1/4" blocks took care of the problem and make the tips look like they are sticking out a little further.

The trunk area is just about done. All I have to do yet is clean up some of the weatherstripping adhesive around the trunk seal and replace the trunk latch.(which was damaged at the bodyshop back in the 90's)

I just finished up the jack assembly and installed it. It didn't need much work. I spread the mechanism open enough to pull it off the mast. I soaked it in EvapoRust which cleaned up the minor rust that was on it. Then I resprayed it gray. The rubber bumper and the internal parts had gray paint on them so I didn't have to disassemble it any further. The mast was put in some PVC filled with acid. The acid took the original zinc dichromate plating off and derusted the ends. I took it in to a local plating company and had it replated.

original spare tire...