I've been busy working on front suspension parts. Probably 9 years ago I wire wheeled the suspension components and covered them in POR-15. Then I painted them with Eastwood paints to try and replicate bare metal. I wasn't very happy with the way the parts looked but, at the time, I didn't know what else to do with them.

This winter I've been stripping off all the paint and POR-15, hoping to achieve a more correct appearance. Regular paint stripper won't touch POR-15 so I started looking for something that would easily remove it. I found that POR makes a product called POR-Strip that will remove cured POR-15. If anyone has applied POR-15 to something and now need to remove it, I highly recommend POR-Strip. It wrinkles the POR-15 almost instantly and makes removal pretty easy.

I started with the spindles and caliper brackets. After stripping the POR-15, I sand blasted them. I darkened them by brushing on some black oxide solution. Before I assembled the pieces I coated everything with RPM. The finished product turned out a little too dark but they still look a lot better then the previously did.