One Saturday morning in February, my dad and I drove to Dyarsville to see the shop and talk to Tim.

When we got there we saw that Tim was in deed working on a Challenger. It was a black 70 R/T with factory red stripes. The interior, engine compartment, undercarriage and trunk were painted but the main body was still being sanded before the color coat. Tim showed us pictures of the car all the way through the restoration process. As it turns out, the cars owner is from my home town. I knew he had a Challenger, but I never thought he would get around to working on it.

Tim seemed like a nice guy and I could tell right away that he had a passion for restoring cars. It looked like he did great work. The best thing was that he had an old 50's Buick or Olds in the shop that he had painted the exact same color as dad's Challenger. It looked awsome.

Before we left the shop that day, I gave Tim a CD of pictures that I had taken of the Challenger. I tried to get a picture of all the problem areas. Tim said that he would get some information together as far as past E-bodies that he had done. He said that was the best way to get a fairly close estimate on the cost of restoring this car. He went on to say that the rust repair would differ from previous projects but the paint process should be very similar time wise.