Then it was time to work on the door panels and rear interior panels. The original panels were a little rough. The drivers door panel and passengers rear panel were in the worst shape. Although they will never look perfect, painting them with SEM paints really makes them look a lot better. Since they end up being a uniform color, your eye isn't drawn to any lighter colored scratches. New panels are on my list but that won't happen until the car is on the road.

I cleaned everything four times, used the SEM Adhesion Promotor per the instructions and finally sprayed them with SEM Landau Black.

The referbished door panel woodgrain looks great in the panels but the new arm rest pads look awful. The new pads are from Legendary. I can't remember the brand though. There were two options...one was from Palco. I bought the other brand. They are just a block of wood wrapped in vynal. The original ones use a metal core. The vynal isn't close to being the correct grain and the contour of the pad is not right. I'll definately be cleaning up the original ones in the future. One of the original ones is in great shape. The other one is all torn underneith the inner lip. I think I can glue it back together and it won't be seen once installed.

The new window fuzzies don't stay on the panels either. I squeezed the "U" channel together a little more and that helped. I'll probably have to use some weatherstrip adhesive to hold them tight though.