I feel like I've made some good progress over the last couple weekends. Nothing major but a lot of little things that needed to be done.

Last weekend the guy that painted the car came over and helped me install and align the side glass. He also helped me reinstall the hood since I had to removed it when I pulled the engine. We used RestoRick's alignment procedure to get the back of the hood lined up with the fenders and it looks perfect. I installed the door panels later on in the week.

Since I don't have a nice big shop to work in, I got paint overspray all over the car while spraying some small parts. I bought a clay bar and on Friday night, cleaned the overspray off the fenders and the hood. Then I installed the hood DODGE letters. I still need to clean the top of the doors/quarters and trunk lid.

One of my original road wheels has some deep scratches on one of the spokes so Saturday I picked up a different wheel to replace it. I also picked up a different combination valve since I broke the valve assembly inside mine while trying to remove it.(it was rusted solid inside the bore...that's why the front brakes were sticking)Accually, I brought home 4 valves to try because we weren't sure what they would look like inside. The valve on the first 3 I tried wouldn't come apart easily so I put them back together. The fourth valve came right out and almost looked new. After cleaning up the bore in my original combination valve, I installed the new valve assembly.

Today I installed the combination valve and master cylinder. Dad came over and helped me bleed the brakes. I need to take the car around the block to be 100% sure on the brakes but I think they are fixed. We also removed the old bumper assembly we used to lift the car for the engine install. After that we threw a couple bolts in the front valance and hooked up the parking lights to check everything out. Both parking light bulbs were dead with the lights on and only one worked with the turn signal. It turned out to just be the bulbs.

The passengers side fender mount turn signal wasn't working either. It turned out to be a ground issue. The chrome housing is supposed to touch a brass contact on the rubber light socket. The assembly is grounded when the housing gets screwed to the fender. The new housing on that side wasn't making contact with the brass section of the light socket. I ended up placing tiny strands of wire on the brass contacts to take up the gap. Now the chrome light housing makes contact and the ground is completed.

Finally, I put the rear fender splash shields on and adjusted the toe so I can drive the car around the block. Maybe I'll do that this week.