I bought a new M&H dash harness even though the original one was in good shape. The only problem area was the white connector at the steering column. The large blue wire melted the connector and had been bypassed a long time ago. I laid the old harness next to the new one and transfered all the secondary harnesses over.

The map light switch had major problems. The toggle lever didn't move anymore without a lot of force. I believe it was also causing a battery drain. I sent the switch out to Jim at JS Restorations. He rebuilt the switch and even kept the factory date codes intact. The plastic MAP LIGHT bezel was broken and I didn't want to try gluing the pieces back together. I found a metal one from a 70 Cuda that I cleaned up and painted black. I used Testors white paint for the recessed letters.

The factory woodgrain was in OK shape. The main woodgrain piece around the gauges had separated from the metal backing though. I was going to reuse the woodgrain but it just didn't look good enough. I lucked out and found someone online who had new pieces that they weren't going to use. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford them. They came flat and I had to bend them to fit the plastic bezel. I had dad give me a hand with that. We used a piece of pipe to push against to make the bends.

The new pieces look good but there are some differences between them and the original woodgrain piece. The new switch panel piece says "lights" where the original said "head lamps". The new part also has little pictures of wipers and lights next to the switches. The original didn't have those either. The main woodgrain section is a little different too. The brown around the gauges is a little different color and that section is a little too big. I had to put dimples in the metal so the trip odometer and clock handles would clear. Finally, the seat belt light hole on the right side wasn't in the correct spot. I had to grind some plastic out of the bezel to match the hole in the woodgrain piece.

The glove box liner is just a new REM part. The screws that held it together were different then what was on the original liner. I tranfered all of the original screws over to the new liner.