I had the housing powder coated but I wasn't happy with how it looked. I thought the powder would have hidden the pitting in the tubes but it didn't. I ended up taking the housing to the guy that painted the car. He scuffed the housing...sprayed it with a high build primer and sanded most of the pitting out. Finally he sprayed it with a sem-gloss black. It looks a lot better then it did.

I looked at new brake drums at a few part stores and didn't like what I saw. One of the drums had "CHINA" cast into the face of it. It would have been visable through the spokes in the Road Wheels. I decided to just use the originals. I blasted them, painted the faces an orangish red and RPMed them. I don't know how close to correct the red color is...I could have boughten RestoRicks paint but I need to save money where I can. If it ends up being way different, I can repaint it down the road.

The only other thing I'm considering is painting a yellow or white "J" on the center of the housing. It looks like the "J" stood for 1973. The housing was way too rusty to see any original markings. I don't want to add marks that the car didn't have but the "J" looks to be a pretty safe bet. I havn't decided yet.

Here's the finished rear axle assembly...