Thanks Dave...that means alot.

Joe, it wasn't that hard working around the hood but you do have to be extra careful. I accually worked from inside the car to install the wiper mechanisms since the dash isn't installed. With no windsheild in place, everything is right there infront of you. That was a lot easier than working from the engine compartment. Since your hood is going to be black, it might be easier to have the hood off. I don't want to have to worry about touching up painted bolts so the hood is staying on. Your hood bolts are probably just going to be phosphated, so you won't have to wory about messing up any paint.

Right before it got cold, I was working on filling some pitted areas on the underside. Since the bodyshop did this job for a set price, the underside wasn't given the same attension as the top. There was some pretty major pitting on the inside of the rear frame rails among other places. I just couldn't leave it looking like that. I got the rear rails done but it got too cold to continue. In the spring, I'll finish up the underside and can install the brake/fuel lines, gas tank exc...

Since I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to bodywork, I called a local Wheelers(autobody supply store) and asked them how I should proceed with filling the pitted areas. They were real nice and explained everything to me. After purchasing supplies, my best friend from High School and I worked on the rear frame rails on a Saturday afternoon. The car is still on the body stand it was painted on. The painter said I could use it for as long as I need it. It's nice because the car sits up fairly high...higher then the stands I have. Once the brake/fuel lines are on and the wheelwells are undercoated, I'll put the car on my stands.

Here's my friend Paul working while I stay clean taking pictures.

Here's the end result. It looks way better than it did.