I disassembled the dash back in February. I just finished it up on Wednesday and installed it last night. It was a big project and I'm happy that it's behind me. I wasn't looking forward to this part of the build but it was accually easier then I thought it would be. I just took a lot of pictures and made a few notes for the reassembly.

The dash assembly had been sitting upside down on a bench for the last 7 or 8 years so it was very dirty.

The original pad was is great shape up until it was removed from the car. Dad tripped on something in the garage and dropped his end of the assembly which shattered the passengers side of the dash pad.

Dave from Rosevillemoparts.com was having a dash pad sale so I decided to go ahead and send my pad off to be redone. We worked it out so I would get my original core back to minimize any fitment issues.

While the dash pad was being redone, I sent the gauges out to Glen at GCAR. The gauges were in pretty good shape over all. Glen rebuilt the speedometer and relettered the odometer. I didn't want the mileage turned back to 0 so he left the mileage at 96439.(a car is only original once anyway right?) The tach was surprisingly pretty accurate but was recalibrated and cleaned up. The fuel level, temp, oil pressure and alt gauges were still in great shape. The clock was converted to a quartz mechanism.