Once the front end was apart, I removed the interior. The rear seat is in great shape. The only problem with it is right on top of the back rest under the glass. The sun took its tole on the vynal. It could probably be re-dyed but I think I'll replace everything so it looks the best. The front seats were re-covered in black crushed velvit a long time ago. Dad says that was the "in" thing back in the day. He also had two small pillows made out of the same material. He kept them in the back seat for when us kids got tired. The pillows will most likely be put in the back seat again when the car is done. That's where I always remember them.

The interior didn't give me any troubles though I did find a present while removing the headliner. As I was cleaning up the mess on the floor I found three small baby mice that had made the headliner their home. I didn't find their mom or dad though.

The dash was in pretty good shape. There was only one small crack in the face of it were the gauges end. However, a few years ago while moving the dash assembly, my dad dropped his end and shattered the top left corner. THat's OK...I was going to replace it anyway.

The gauge cluster needs some work. The clock hasn't worked in years. I understand that they had a lot of problems with them. The clock was draining the battery at one time before it was disconnected. The MAP LIGHT switch also was disconnected because of a battery drain.