Quote:

I think the dust boots help to just keep road grime and crud from getting in there to score the pistons too...probably would only be the kind of thing to show up as an issue after some time though?

Oh, and what wheels were you getting, I mustn't have noticed before if you mentioned

Just some cheap black PC'd aluminum wheels from AR. Nothing exotic. Out of all the crap I looked through i liked them the best. One of the problems with my 6x4.5 pattern is the selection of wheels either sucks, or is WAY expensive. I was even looking at centerlines, but the ones I liked at the price point with no protective coating was more than I was willing to pay. I really wanted torque thrusts, but the whole 5 lug conversion to use the 5 lug wheels was more than i wanted to bother with.

They have more clearance in back than the dakota wheel and are a good deal lighter. The front tires are also lighter than the old ones. So they save weight, they will fit more stoppage in there and they are black. I dont like those stupid "screw" things around the lip, but at the 600 dollars I paid for a whole set, they dont bother me enough.

I think they will give me the overall look I am after. The truck will be one solid color with some kind of oldschool black accented mopar theme so picture something like that in your head.

6841933-mywheels.jpg (109 downloads)