Quote:

Never have used them....do they have the dust seals on the pistons like the OE style calipers at least?

They do look cool and all, and the mounting style looks like it would lend itself to custom mounting as well.

Do they use some sorta-common pad as well so you'll be able to get them a few years down the track?

One of the things that immediately jumped at me was the look. They have a great industrial look to them.

I'll have to call them and see what they have to say about all that.
They definitely appear to be nice, but you've made some good points.

I dont know if the pad is commonly available or not. I dont know much about pads in general or what the common styles of pad are. The dimensions are for the pad on the top left...

http://www.afcoracing.com/brakes_pads.html

It almost looks like a design common to many of these aftermarket calipers with the cotter pin in the center...but that's a guess.

I am exploring some "OEM" options that look pretty impressive for not so much money that fits the criteria too. Something is just going to fall into my lap soon and I am going to roll with it I think. I'm pretty set on using the viper rotors as they are a lot more friendly to my application. So I have to work around those. I need to get this stuff in hand. So I think I am going to order a set of rotors, wait for my wheels and then take some of these caliper measurements off the sites and make some dummies out of foam or something to see what fits and how.

I was also laughing earlier with my wife...my other truck is in for repairs and I have this later model dakota loaner...it has 2 piston calipers with a nice plated finish and larger rotors. I chuckled to myself for even thinking of it.