Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cut them out, then just cut out and welded on the legs/spacers you can see in the picture above to give it them the correct spacing away from the spindle and was good to go

OZ, what did you use to cut that steel? I'm assuming a mill.
If I bought a high speed carbide cutter, I wonder if I could use a router very carefully so not to fry it. I have a few routers that have pretty strong motors in them. I already have a few carbide cutters that would work. hmmm...

I wish I had a mill...
Just used a combination of air cut off tool and a sawzall (for the rough cuts)

I do have alot of tools, but a mill is not one of them

To smooth it all, I used my Oz-made multi-tool...basically a belt sander sorta thing made for metal that uses all sort of different grade belts. (It mounts to a bench grinder motor) I use it constantly for everything...a great thing I bought many years ago.

Oh, and on the rotors...since I went with 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern I needed the rotors redrilled. Which is no big deal and when the time ever happens to come I need to replace them will just get it done again. My car is quite light though so figure the rotors should hold up for a while perhaps.

Looking back, I probably could have just got another set of hubs made in Mercedes bolt pattern and had that drilled when I made the wheels. (so could have used off the shelf rotors) Not like I am going to rotate the tires on the car

I would like to someday run (just for the heck of it) the same 8 piston calipers as Feets has...just need to wait for a deal on a pair.

The fit and finish of the brackets really had me fooled. I was under the impression you had a mill and lathe too. Nope, just lots of work ethic...just as good! Takes a little longer, but the end justifies the means.

Phew! I dont feel so alone now!

Thank you...and would be nice to have those other tools, but just have to piddle along with what I do have.

(A nice drill press does help alot, I got one of those ages ago)
I've made alot of parts for the Torana build and been happy with how they all came out.