Quote:

Quote:

some of the calipers shown in this topic are ridiculous... We have cars on the road here that are smaller than those...

I wanted to show my own custommade discbrake fiblings, but with puny 11.75" stock '73 Chrysler rotors I don't think anyone would be interested after all the posy-stuff shown above, so I think I'll pass...

I do get asked about the size of my brakes on occasion. I didn't go with them because of the "size matters" thing or a flashy sticker.
It all started when I wanted a big disc brake kit 7 years ago. There were very few options available. What was out there had insane prices on them.
After working at Mercedes for a while I took home a used rotor to compare to what I had. It was close enough to work so I priced the rest of the stuff.
Believe it or not, with my employee discount I was able to buy the front and rear AMG brakes CHEAPER than the front-only sets on the market at the time.
After finding out that the AMG stuff was cheaper and bigger it was a no brainer. As a bonus, the brakes were attractively finished but weren't some obnoxious blinding color that would jump out and smack you when you looked at the car. Instead, it made for a nice overall package.

The hot rod has some neat stuff on it without excessive *BLING* in any one place. To me, the body, wheels, tires, and brakes work together to present a complete package that works together visually.
Too many people get all caught up in bright shiny objects and start slapping the stuff on their cars without regard to how it looks as a package.

I like a little bling. My wheels are black and the truck is likely to be black too. I think some bling in the brakes would look really nice and add some class.

These are really neat too...I'm still looking as you can tell. lol