Look at that again. You haven't even mounted the tires on wheels and you've already got a road kill!

Seriously though, tires are a big part of a brake upgrade. I went from 235/60-15 and 275/60-15 BFG Radials with S speed ratings to 245/45-18 and 295/45-18 Nitto NT555s with W speed ratings.
There is a WORLD of difference. Stopping, starting, and turning ALL greatly improved with the tire change. I had them on the car before I installed the new brakes. Attached is a pic of the car with 11" disc brakes and the new rolling stock.

As for your rear ABS taking up the slack, remember that the ABS works great but it also dumps lots of heat in those brakes. They'll work fine for a while but if the brakes can't dissipate the heat they'll lose stopping power.
That's one idea behind large rotors. Not only does the larger diameter give you a longer lever arm but it also means more surface area to spread out the heat.
My rotors (and Ozhemi's since he used the same thing) weigh 27 lbs each. That's HUGE. However, I have not been able to overheat the rotors with enthusiastic street driving or lots of brake boosting on the highway.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon