Quote:

To make a hub, I tossed a regular factory rotor in the lathe and cut off the braking surface. After that, I turned down the outer diameter of the hub so it would fit in the rotor.
Once that was done, I put a used Mercedes rotor in the lathe and opened up the center register to fit over the hub. Massaging the bolt holes in the rotor left me with a usable rotating assembly.

To fit it to the car, I had to figure out where that monster rotor could sit and clear everything. It turns out there was only one place it would fit and I've got a little under 1/2" of clearance.

After figuring that out I grabbed a spare spindle and chucked it in the bench vise. A little chunk of 2x4 wood became my caliper bracket. I hacked it up until the caliper fit the new rotating assembly. When the parts fit, I stuck a chunk of steel in the vertical mill and copied the wood mock-up.

When doing something like that you have to know where EVERYTHING fits and make sure that there is no contact when the suspension moves and you turn the wheel.

Having a laths and mill at home isn't necessary but it sure makes it easier to build stuff.

Yeah, I dont have a mill or a lathe. I wish I did. Someday!
But I do have a router table! I can make a wood or acrylic proto and wnen it fits, I can have it copied at a machine shop.

I have lots of acrylic. probably better than wood for making a proto like that.

Good thought, and that I can do.