Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Only vac advance affects Rotor Phasing, mech adv or initial timing does not. I would highly suggest modding the reluctor as opposed to altering the cap which will cause problems as that (2 side clips etc) is a flimsy system). I would just drill another roll pin hole in the reluctor & you're all set on RP then if that ain't it then we can continue on. How far is the RP off now?

I'm not sure how far off it is, I haven't had a chance to buy a cheaper cap and drill a hole in it to watch it, but I know that's what this issue is, because when I un-plug the vacuum advance it's completely gone, and like I said turning the vacuum advance down some made it a lot better but with the vacuum advance turned down a little and hooked up I can still feel it going on but it's not as severe.
I wonder if the guy at firecore has a distributor machine? I'm thinking about calling them and explaining what's going and what rpm and what the vacuum is so that maybe they could mimics the situation on a distributor machine and watch the rotor and then know exactly where it needs to be.
I guess I could do the same thing with a different reluctor, I just don't want to void my year long warrajtynon the distributor by modifying it or parts on it in case I run into other issues with it later on.