Originally Posted By RapidRobert
first we gotta find if the phasing is too far in front of or too far past the cap terminal. Ideally you want the rotor at or near the trailing (far) side of the cap terminal when it fires as RP will pull it back the other way (against rotation). If Ricks reluctor has the multiple roll pins holes & I believe it does then it simplifies things as one of those holes is for sure gonna make the RP line up but there is plenty of material there for the same # of holes for us to drill to get it right, just takes time & some carefull eyeballing/measureing then drilling. On the timing, Say a can offers 22 (crank) degrees, going CCW makes the can require more vaccum for the can to start offering its advance amt from zero/& a higher vac # for the slope to max out at its max 22 degrees of added advance. If going CCW, the slope (amt of advance) is the same, just starts later/maxes out later (later being a higher in hg #) EDIT so I was wondering if the can was fully deployed (max vac) the 2nd time when it missed less after turning it CCW cuz if it was then RP arc distance would have been maxed out in both cases (to further pin down if too much timing is a factor).

Gotcha, I'm gonna start on it tonight after work. I'll modify a cap with a hole and watch the rotor with the vacuum advance connected.
Then I'll bring distributor timing only up to 46-48 to 2500 and see if the issue is still there.
Cause that's about where it is with vacuum advance hooked up