Well Rick from firecore called me back this evening. And after talking to him he left me feeling like this is gonna be on my end and I'll just have to eat the 165 bucks that this distributor cost me.
He said the shaft assembly is one piece and shouldn't be moving like that, and I said ok well what's between the one pice shaft and the distributor housing? And he said bearings and I said there you go then something there isn't right I shouldn't have this much radial play.
He then said well you've modified the distributor, I said I didn't modify it I've installed different reluctors and I wouldn't have had too if your distributor was phased correctly out of the box.
He said I've never heard of phasing issues so idk what your taking about.
I had to explain rotor phasing to a guy that owns a distributor company 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm sorry but that made me laugh.
You are a Mopar guru and make a distributor Very similar to the mopar distributor and you've never heard of rotor phasing?? Really??? That's like Peter Pan saying he's orange.
Anyway he ended the conversation by saying write up an email use your pictures of the rotor phasing issue and the pictures of the radial play of the shaft and use your big words and send it to me and I'll send it to out to our tech department and they will determine if it's due to our qaulity control or not.
I said I'll buy another one if I have too but if I have the same issues with the second one then that's when I'll be done. He then said well who would you go with, what manufacturer?
And I said not sure since options are limited but I'm not buying 3 or 4 of your distributors before I get a good one.
So he basically said rotor phasing doesn't exist and that it's my fault the distributor has the radial play at the shaft cause I installed a modified reluctor 🙄🙄
Anyways I'm thinking about ordering a second one and having it on video when I open the package and install the distributor just to prove to him that his distributors are not correctly phased out of the box and check the radial play of the shaft when I remove it from
The box as well and have it all on video.
And if the second one is the same I'm going to demand I be paid back
In full for both units.
I can't really afford to not have my truck while his "tech department" determines if the radial play at the shaft is their fault or mine.
If I do order a second one everything will be documented by video from the time I take it out of the box.

Last edited by pjc360; 09/17/17 12:35 AM.