Originally Posted By RapidRobert
I had heard that Firecore plug wires are the best hands down but after how they done you I will not be doing any business with them. A local guy had an issue with a local machine shop & he put an ad in the paper saying what they did wrong, the shop then posted an ad in the same section a day or two later saying that they DO do good work. I heard a story decades ago about a unhappy customer who parked his car with issues in front of the dealership that he said had done him wrong, not sure how it turned out but one unhappy customer will cost a business tons of business and any smart business owner takes pains to keep everybody happy. I'm surprised that Firecore don't seem to be worried that we have 24K Mopar members here & he may loose alot more than the price of (1) dist.

Ya I was kind of supirsied myself, if I were him my reputation would be worth a lot more then the 160 dollars that one of his distributors cost.
I'm still gonna give him a little bit more time since it is the weekend, but if I don't hear of a solution other then send it back to us and be without your vehicle untill we determine how we want to treat you over this issue then I'm going to give up on them doing what's right and ether order a second one and cross my fingers.
I like the looks of the firecore distributor and I love the advance plate, it's a solid set up in the advance plate and it's got the easy to adjust mechanical advance mechanism just like the old Mallory style mopar units.
But there was just something wrong with this particular unit, I'm thinking ether the housing wasn't machined right there fore the bearing wasn't fitting as tight as it should or somewhere in the assembly line the bearing was damaged when the shaft was installed or maybe the bearing that got put in this unit was bad from the get go, something happened on the assembly line that's for sure, me simply pulling a reluctor on and off shouldn't have caused this type of damage.
I did some digging around online and found two other guys that had the exact same issue with the exact same distributor, so that tells you that there are mistakes made on the assembly line.
Read through this, these two guys were having the exact same issue with radial run out on the upper portion of the distributor shaft causing the reluctor teeth to smack the pick up coil post. So it's obvious I'm not the first one to encounter this problem.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/firecore-distributor-issues.312032/

Last edited by pjc360; 09/17/17 11:12 PM.