Is it possible for a single coil system to only affect a couple cylinders? It should affect all cylinders not just one right?
I'm thinking maybe the coil is fine below 2500 rpm but at 2500 and up it starts acting up and that's what I'm feeling?
Like I said Idk, I tested resistance to the coil and primary reisistance is .07-1.0 and the secondary resistance is 4700-4800.
Maybe I should my plug wires and start testing the resistance on them, maybe I have one that just went haywire and it's causing bad missfires.
I haven't been able to even look at the truck the last couple
Of days I've been so pissed off at it, but I'm going to start poking around tonight.
I'm going to start with hooking my timing light up to each plug wire and seeing what the strobe looks like at 2500 rpm.
I'm really hoping this is just an ignition issue, if it is at the trans then I suspect the flex plate because I know the converter is correct, I've compared it to pictures of the magnum weighted converters and it looks identical.
And if it was the wrong converter wouldn't i fee that vibration all the time including at idle?
And also if the flex plate was bent bad enough to cause this vibration wouldn't I see some
Wobble to it?
I had my wife hold the throttle at 2500 rpm in nuetral and I couldn't see anything abnormal at the converter and flex plate.
Looked completely normal. No wobbling, no strange sounds, nothing.