Originally Posted By RapidRobert
You might call Firecore ask them about returning it. Yes you can drill a 1/2" hole in the top cap flat 2/3 of the way from the center cap terminal over to the #1 cap terminal to shine your light into to check RP. You can redrill your reluctor yourself: drill a bit inward from the ID then use a mini round rat tail file to open it up/break thru to the ID. carefull measureing & if you are too far off there is plenty of area to drill several of em. First try the BB OE roll pin hole. here is one in progress. EDIT I gotta figure out how to work this camera.

The issue appears to be solved, I increased the initial timing from 16 to 18 which made my total go from 32 to 34, I then dialed back the vacuum advance to add 12 degrees of timing to the 18 at idle for a total of 30 at idle.
I had to turn the screw inside he vaccum canister about 4-5 turns outward to get it to drop the timing 2 degrees.
I think the vacuum can was wide open on this distributor and it was just advancing it too far and throwing the phase off.
I haven't driven it a whole lot since dialing back the vacuum advance but the little drive I did go on tonight I took it up to 3000 rpm in 2nd gear and held it there for awhile waiting
To feel the miss fire and never did.
So it appears to be solved, but I will drive it more in the next couple of days and report back if I find any Miss fires through out the rpm range.