Originally Posted By RapidRobert
yes that would work with carefull positioning, you are just lifting the whole shebang (intergear/dist) up & shifting (rotating) everything an intergear tooth CW then setting it back down into place. EDIT the crank (dampener) ain't being moved the cam ain't being moved so now when done repositioning, if the magnet is dead even with the tooth then it is firing at the exact same point in time that it was before and if our phasing is now good then we're good.

I've decided to just wait untill I have the rotor phased correctly before moving the oil pump drive gear to re-position the distributor.
I should have ricks modified reluctor tomorrow and I'll take another stab at it this weekend.
Based on how far forward unmoved the rotor when modifying my own hole about 15-20 degrees behind the original I'm thinking I'll try the 10 degree hole on ricks reluctor first.
And I'm also thinking with the reluctor installed 10 degrees behind the tooth it shouldn't require me to move the distributor forward much more then it already is originally
Located which would be nice cause then I don't have to re-position the distributor.
If I end up having too then I will, but I'm going to try getting away with not having to at first.