Originally Posted By sunroofgtx
It's Sunday...We are not in the office to take your number.. Holy smokes... Give us a chance during the workweek!! Never said maybe...Strictly said you need to send it in! I've been on here way to long to put my name on the line.. You are really being unfair..It's the weekend.. Had funeral activities ALL WEEKEND!! Didn't you have issues with every other distributor you have ever tried?

No I ran a distributor from don at fbo systems for 5 years, I switched to a firecore because on dons unit the little tabs under the advance plate were starting to wear out un-evenly causing the advance plate to wobble around when the vacuum advance was applied.
Which made it impossible to set reluctor to pickup coil gap.
It was a solid unit for 5 years which I was more then happy with for the price I paid for it.
The mopar unit that I had before dons gave me some tuning fits, the advance curve was pretty messed up came in way to early.
I had said in one of my post above that I realize it's still the weekend and that I'd wait to hear of a solution that I feel works for me by the end of Monday.
I just felt I had provided enough evidence that this unit was not built properly from the beginning and that I was basically being told it was gonna be my fault for attempting to correct the rotor phasing by installing a different reluctor.
I gave you my name address if your sending me a second great soon as I have confirmation of that I'll send you the first one.
Or you could send a return tag with the second one and have tracking and shipping already dealt with.
Doesn't really matter to me, I just feel like this first unit falls under the category of qaulity
Controllnat the manufacturer.
Here is a pic of the little tabs on the bottom of the advance plate on dons unit that eventually wore down enough to cause some issues with the stability of the advance plate.

IMG_2658.JPG
Last edited by pjc360; 09/18/17 12:14 PM.