Originally Posted By RapidRobert
actually the intergear/dist has to be installed to see how much slop there is between notch/tang when those 2 parts are interfaceing each other. But we should be good once we get the RP taken care of & hopefully the missing taken care of.

I sure hope so, if not I'll just return it, the one nice thing about the firecore distributors is they come with a 1 year warranty.
And I already talked to firecore about some of the issues I've had with rotor phasing and the guy said he'd never heard of that before which struck me kind of odd.
You make mopar distributors and have never heard of rotor phasing issues? How is that even possible?
When I described the movement he knew right away what I was talking about and was adiment that was the advance springs and mechanism.
It's installed right now so I can pop the cap and see how much movement is there.
I want to pull it tonight anyway to get the oil drive gear over a tooth to keep the distributor in the place that it needs to be.
Because right now whenever I modify a new position on the reluctor I have to physically advance the distributor so far to get the same amount of initial timing that the vacuum advance is behind the intake manifold and there would be no way to get the hose on the vacuum can and no way to adjust the vacuum can.
Ricks modified reluctor will be here Thursday.
And I'm hoping that's the answer to this issue, the Miss firing did seem to get better when I had the rotor a little too far ahead of the contact which is when I took that picture and posted it but it was still missing a little bit, not as severe as before however.
The two positions I've been able to try are ether too far behind the terminal that it should be under or a little too far ahead of the terminal it should be firing.
Msd makes a distributor that has an adjustable rotor for rotor phasing but it doesn't have vacuum advance.
Us mopar guys are very limited on distributor choices and it sucks,
Gm guys are spoiled with how many different hei units there are out there plus they get that giant cap and rotor which makes it easier to phase a rotor and makes it to where rotor phasing isn't as critical with such a big cap with terminals so far apart.