The Awards ceremony ground to it's inevitable conclusion, so Boone and I said our goodbyes to quite a few fellow Drag Weekers, then made our way back to our tow rigs parked in impound. It took us a good 45 minutes to re-organize the way we had left our trucks and equipment behind Monday morning, and by the time we returned with our rigs to our pit spots, the place was beginning to look like a ghost town.
"Is anyone running the Shootout tomorrow?", Boone asked in disbelief.
"Sure doesn't look like many are sticking around!" I countered.
We were talking loudly to be heard over the screeching tire sound emanating from the drift pad.
"Wonder how the Barnyard would do on that?" Boone laughed.
"I've got my old street tires for the drives...we can mount them up real quick!" John volunteered.
Had either of them been remotely fresh or rested, I fear they would have went for it, but it had been an incredibly long week, and after a brief flicker in their eyes, they both laughed it off.

#19 Ross Dudley Yellow 68 Plymouth Road Runner
Day 1: 11.67-119.6
Day 2: 11.51-120.8
Day 3: 11.51-118.8
Day 4: 11.71-118.1
Day 5: 12.04-112.4
Final Average: 11.689-117.96

Ross makes his way down from Canada, just so he can spray a little nitrous, and beat on his big yella bird! These are the guys that make this fun, Ross is always smiling and joking,even when things aren't going perfect.

240hrd-150900-faces-of-drag-week-2015-racers-portraits.jpgmopar-chrysler-2015-drag-week-02.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines