I had my head under the hood of the Valiant, but Gateway Motorsports Park has a very good speaker system, and I heard Drag Week Announcer Brian Lohnes' voice raise perceptively as he described the 8.08 run made by Matt Blasco's 72 Dart.
"Have you checked that car out?" Robert came over and asked me after the Dart returned to the pits a little later.
"No...I kinda ignored it because I didn't want to get my feelings hurt when I saw a BBC under those turbos!"
Robert chuckled, "No need to worry, it's a Predator headed deal!"
"Well, in that case, lets go have a look!"
70 and up Darts are some of my least favorite Mopars, and this is a particularly hideous example, but it exudes cool, and mean in equal parts, and I absolutely love it. Matt and his crew were nice guys, laid back, and very friendly, so I enjoyed the visit. I also noticed "Montana" Dan Nissen was hanging out with them and lending a hand. Dan has raced chevys at every drag week he has attended, but he shows up on all the Dodge truck, and Sweptline sites with regularity. He describes his condition as "Automotive ADD". The C on the window put the Dart in Pro Street Power Adder which was absolutely stacked in 2015.
"Tough class", I commented.
Dan smiled as he stood beside me, "and this car is only going to make it tougher!"

020 - Copy.JPG2015-drag-week-least-street-legal20150912-0904.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines