Not even close, little did I know that I had pushed a head gasket. Found out as I left the gate and I finished it off. I pulled over on the side of the road at the first turn. Part of my problem was solved by one of the staff from great lakes drag way, he came by and told us we could work on it at his place that was about a mile down the road, we (Billy my trunk monkey, Jason and my nephew Dillon in the Cuda) got it down there and then realized the next problem, I had a blown head gasket and only one spare gasket, so which head do I pull? I decided to pull the left head because that was the side the O2 sensor was on and the afr gauge was going crazy. In the mean time the Great Lakes crew member ( for the life of me I can't remember his name) located another head gasket, so Jason takes off in the Cuda to get it. So with two head gaskets we go ahead and pull the other head, the left one was pushed into the water passage and the right one was almost there, so with two fresh head gaskets and 4 1/2 hours later we got back on the road, thank god it was the short trip that day! The next day with good head gaskets I blew through the clutch and had to baby it the rest of the way, at that point I was still in the top 32 but could not muster up a quick enough pass the last day to keep me there with all if the clutch issues. Made the top 32 in 2014 but bent the clutch fork in Tulsa and told them I couldn't make the bracket race, broke a pressure plate bolt in 2013 in Memphis, every year a common theme so when I got home after last year I called John at Cope racing trans and ordered a killer 727, and a gear vendor, we will see if that gets the monkey off my back next year! And Billy thanks for the pic of my brothers car on the line that is one I did not have.

image.jpgimage.jpg