"How about you, in Modified, Power Adder?" I asked Dale as he thumbed through the results.
"Well", he chuckled, "I jumped all the way from 9th in my class to 5th!"
"Just from picking up four tenths today", I questioned, "That's a big jump".
"No, the ET didn't help me at all", he whistled, "four of the cars with a faster slip in St. Louis, never made it to Indy! One more day like that, and I'll be in the lead!"

The waiter took our orders, the chips and salsa were passed out, and the conversations continued.

"I saw Blasco put down a 7.70 in the Dart today", Robert offered, "Where did that put him in Pro Street Power Adder?"
"Yeah", Dale confirmed, "7.706-184.35, and that means he's leading the class!"
Rachael handed me her phone, so I could play along, "You know, Pro Street Power Adder could've been the best class of the whole event, BY FAR, if the four guys already out would've had healthy, sorted out rides."
"Definitely", Boone agreed, "Mike Roy, three time winner, 7.56-188 best. Dom ran a 7.97 in the Viper Truck!"
"Fink went 7.90 in his old wagon, so you know he expected that 'Vette to be quicker than that. Then, Wischmann's old small block Mustang was an 8.50 hitter in Street Race, so he had to be shooting for a ton more with a big block Camaro", I added.
"Look", Dale shrugged, "It's still going to be a barn burner, Hunter went 7.63 in the '56, and McGilton ran 7.73 in the ZL-1. Anything can happen, and Leslie Smith's 67 Nova went low eight's at 180, just waiting for one of the top three to screw up!"
"Isn't Tina in that class", Rachael asked, "with her new Colorado?"
"Sure is", I nodded, "pair of mid-eight second runs, good for fifth so far".

003-1972-dodge-dart-primered-wheelie - Copy.jpg85-day-two-race-action-from-indy-lpr.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines