Earlier John and I had discussed cruising speed, and he requested that I stay around 2800. When I would kick it up to 3K, which seems to put the small block in it's happy zone, he would struggle to keep up, as his electric water pump equipped big block would start to climb in temperature.

Once we hit the I-70, though, I thought he was going to run me over, so I ended up at 3K-3200 for most of the run into Indy. Aaron realized his services weren't going to be needed for a while, so he started cat napping on the four lane. For a while, he'd jerk awake when we would hit a bump, or get passed by a semi, but after about twenty minutes it was full-on, mouth open, drop the phone in the floor, unconsciousness. I grabbed the route sheet right before it blew out the window.

Worried, that I might fall asleep myself, I called Skippy to check on them, but couldn't really get any information from him, so I gave up and then called Dale.
"Where are you guys now?"
"We just left the first checkpoint, we should make good time, no traffic out here and it's plenty cool."
"We're almost to Indy, it's midnight, and you are just now at the first checkpoint?"
"Actually we are fueling up right now, and I'm paying for gas in the Belvedere...you left me babysitting a broken car, and you didn't give Rachael any money? She's flat broke!"
"Well, yeah...I planned on giving her a credit card, but we got separated so quickly..."
"Separated? You ran off and left us!"

IMG_1671 - Copy.JPGIMG_1673 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines