Originally Posted By ksj
Lohnes is the next Dave McCelland,The guys a racing dictionary,

Easy, Don.
He's a great announcer, NHRA is lucky to have him. His enthusiasm for the sport, and desire to improve will take him a very long way. I'll have to see how he develops over the next five years or so before I put him on par with McClelland or Bob Frey, especially in the knowledge department, as that takes time. Those guys were enyclopedias!

Brian did the "Top Ten Mopars of Drag Week" article this year for Mopar Muscle, and it was full of mistakes, inaccuracies, and omissions. I brought it to his attention as soon as it came out on HotRod.com, but it was not corrected when the magazine hit the news stands.

I'm not picking on him, he's great for Drag Week, and I hope he continues to do it.
Heck, John Hindley told me in a text the other day that my story is "running about 80% accuracy" (which I took as a complement), but I'm not publishing it in a national magazine!

The engine described in the article for the Gremlin, is the engine in the Charger, with the exception of the claim of a roller cam. Every Gebhart Mopar on Drag Week runs a flat tappet. So I come on Moparts and tell everyone the truth, that Dale has a stock, unfilled 440 block with stock caps, and a stock 3.75 crank, and Brian puts an article in a magazine that says it has a 512 low-deck!

Billy0002 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines