I was out on the Oval when a slender guy on a bicycle, who I had noticed checking out all the cars, rode up to the Valiant and introduced himself as Moparts member longram60. He explained that he was racing NSS at the Black Sunday event, but took some time to check out the Drag Week cars. We had a nice chat, but it was frustrating that I was trapped in Registration, and unable to check out more of the main pits.
I noticed they had a generator and my battery charger attached to Darren's Dodge, so I went over to investigate.
"I've got the idle jacked up real high", Dale explained through gritted teeth, "because we didn't finish breaking the cam in at home. I figured we'd have time before tech, then he shows up at the last minute, and we just have to drive it around here. Now, he won't follow my instructions on starting it, and ran the battery down!"
"So, what took so long to get it together? You guys looked fairly close when I left..."
"He had those stupid sheet metal valve covers", Dale cut me off with a shrug of his shoulders, "and a 440 billet distributor with an adapter for the 400 block, and that combination wouldn't clear. So Wade Metzinger had to drive over to a buddy's house and borrow a set of covers and a distributor that would fit! I was ready to walk away and forget it, but somehow we got it here".

I must admit, as cool as it was to see the Charger, and Belvedere out on the not-so-high-banks, (I kept teasing Rachael that she had to represent!) the Gremlin...not so much!

11950203_10153703297993938_5998178171344358880_o.jpg11958141_10153703298103938_204358964412316424_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines