Billy
If I may a quick impound story. On the final day of Drag Week 2013 I was # 33 on the outside looking in at #32 wondering how I was going to make it in. When I drove into the pits that morning deep in thought Keith Turk flagged me down and shouted " you into impound ". I just stared at him for a moment and then said " what are you crazy you known I"m a daily driver" " don't argue with me into impound". I just smiled, shrugged my shoulders and took one of the best pit spots in the place between Rick Prospero and Mike Crow.
I promptly unloaded my car, opened the headers, put on my tires and drove to the gate. The class cars were already running but the gate keeper must have had his orders because he opened up and gave me lane choice before the next class car was allowed up.
Well you can imagine how that went over. Next thing I know I have Keith in my face wanting to know what in the hell I was doing and that he had guys jumping all over him to stop me. I nicely explained to him the rules for impound and even went so far as to remind him that if he had given me a chance I would have told him about the position he was putting himself in when he ordered me into impound. First time I had ever seen him lost for words.
It was fun and I did the run just to get a rise out of him and it worked.