We used the long distributor lead that came with the new box, and I handed Aaron a cordless drill with a step bit so he could enlarge the hole in the inside firewall. The small hole didn't allow the connector to fit through, which is why I had spliced it in the first place. We decided to hook everything up, and just give it a shot before we put everything back in place. The 428 fired easily, and sounded like it's old self again, so we tasked Aaron with re-attaching the box, securing the wires, and screwing the glove box back in place.

Dale had the timing light hooked up to the Gremlin, and was prepared to return the 440 to street driving status, but when James hit the starter button, all we heard was the whir of the starter motor, the drive never hit the flex plate teeth.
"The drive is broke, you need a new starter", John diagnosed from his back under the Gremlin, after Dale and James jacked up the front and put it on stands. I rustled around in one of the totes Rachael carried in the Belvedere, and dug out my new in the box spare that I've carried in every Drag Week since 2011.

Jeremy (furious 70, Moparts) and his Dad, have spectated at multiple Drag Weeks, and they joined in on the fun at Indy. I always enjoy hanging out with them, even though there never seems to be enough time to really enjoy the visit! They were cruising, in the big purple beast, and were also making the trip to Union Grove.

100_6323_zpsiusqfxws.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines